The 4GOOD Trust is on a mission to provide long lasting, sustainable assistance to the homeless, the neglected and those socially excluded in the community by raising awareness of their plight, fundraising to assist with their needs and restoring a sense of dignity to their lives.
In doing this, we hope to foster a spirit of volunteerism in the community and engage business leadership as ‘forces for GOOD’; providing people and corporates with the opportunity to impact and change the community through philanthropic activities.
The 4GOOD Trust in conjunction with Alteri Consultants, Ethical Suppliers, the Women in Business Network and several other organizations are organising the CEO EatOut Movement 2018, a fundraising and resource mobilization event to raise awareness and fight homelessness in Zimbabwe.
According to 4Good Trust, the initiative seeks to encourage the business community, through their Corporate Social Responsibility programs, to participate in raising awareness and resource mobilisation for the homeless communities in Zimbabwe.
We hope to make this movement an annual event and, each year, we will focus on addressing the principle pillars needed to integrate the homeless back into society, these being: Shelter, Nutrition, Healthcare, Education and Community support
According to the documentation received from Nicole Rautenbach, the CEO EatOut Movement 2018 (CEO EatOut) will consist of setting up and running a pop-up fine-dining restaurant where CEOs and/or top level management of local companies will come and serve the homeless a meal. Prior to the meal, the guests (Harare homeless community) will be offered a haircut, shower, clean change of clothes, counselling and legal aid services and a health check.
As such, the event will consist of the following 9 Stations:
- Hygiene Pack Desk – to distribute hygiene packs and sanitary wear to the patrons
- Mobile Showers Unit – to provide bathing services for our patrons
- Mobile Health Desk (Clinic) – to provide basic health care services and screening to our patrons
- Counselling and Screening Desk – to provide basic mental screening
- Hair Service Unit – to provide haircuts to the patrons
- Street Store – to provide an awesome shopping experience for our patrons
- Fine Dining Pop-Up Street Restaurant – to provide a memorable fine dining experience to our patrons
- Entertainment Unit – Entertainment for our patrons live performances by local celebrities, b upcoming artists, homeless artist and volunteers
- Legal Aid Desk – to assist the homeless with legal issues
The 4Good Trust notes that their 2018 goals are to fundraise for the following three activities:
- School fees and associated costs for 50 students attending Hatcliffe 3 Primary School – as a result of Operation Murambatsvina, there are a number of children attending the primary school that are currently living on the streets, with some even heading-up families. We hope to assist these particular children and ensure that they attend school on a regular basis
- The Homeless World Cup Soccer – we would like to assist Young Achievement Sports for Development (YASD) to send a team to this year’s Homeless World Cup in Mexico City in November.
- Community Integration – Help integrate the homeless back into the community through job opportunities, education bursaries, skills training and exposure, rehabilitation and home reintegration.
We trust that through this event, our invited leaders will gain empathy for the poor and homeless, raise resources through corporate and personal donations and foster sustainable change by providing job and training opportunities to some of our guests.
The event will also be a networking event for individuals and companies to share their visions and experiences on such CSR initiatives.
All of us at ZimShoppingMalls wish 4Good Trust, all the corporations and community volunteers they are working with much success in this great initiative. As ZimShoppingMalls is already working on a project that will create thousands of jobs annually for the next 5 years, we will avail the training and job opportunities to some of the homeless community that will be chosen through an interview process most likely beginning in October of this year. We encourage other organizations, big or small to also get involved in one way or another to help this community initiative become a success and rid of homelessness in our communities.
For more information on the EatOut4Good Initiative, please contact them directly on:
C/O NABW Office, 34 Lawson Ave, Milton Park Harare
+263 77 959 9873, +263 77 737 0926, +263 77 698 2845, +263 77 627 3337
More articles you might like:
Thinking outside the box does not make sense anymore because the box does not exist!!! KhuyaMedia just brings you exceptional ideas that yield results. At Khuyamedia, design is simply a rational and logical process initiated to effectively and efficiently solve advertising and marketing problems.