This week I was reading up on old wives tales of predicting gender and discussing this topic with some close friends on whatsapp. I’m eager to find out the sex of the baby so this made for some fun conversations and reading in the meantime. So here are a few of my findings from readings and chats with friends on whatsapp…
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda and urine in a container (do not mix or shake) if it fizzles you’re having a boy. If it does not fizz you’re having a girl.
- If the linea nigra (black line) on your belly goes up past your belly button you’re having a boy. If it is short and stops at your belly button you’re having a girl.
- If you’re craving salty or chili foods you’re having a boy. If you’re craving sweet foods you’re having a girl.
- If you could care less about your appearance, a standard bath is about all the good looking you’re going to get Lol, you’re carrying a boy. If you’re still interested in doing your hair and nails and looking extra pretty, you’re carrying a girl.
- Urinate in a bottle and add white toothpaste. If the toothpaste changes colour to blue you’re having a boy. If it stays the same, you’re having a girl.
- If you’re eating more it’s a boy and eating less it’s a girl.
- If you’re having headaches it’s a boy and if you’re not then it’s a girl.
- If you’re feeling nauseous but not throwing up it’s a boy but if you have morning sickness then it’s a girl.
- If your leg hairs are growing faster you’re having a boy and if they’re growing at their normal rate, you’re having a girl.
- If you’re moody it’s a girl while if you’re emotionally stable it’s a boy.
I tried these just for laughs and 9 out of 10 of these are pointing to me carrying a boy. The toothpaste didn’t change colour. I guess we’ll have to wait a few weeks to know for sure.
Ok, I know there’s plenty more tales out there so if there are any you would like to share please do add them to the comments below. Did you use any of these tricks and how did it turn out for you? I’d love to hear about your experience.
Tip of the week: There is no certainty in these old wives tales so don’t go out and buy a whole lot of blue because you’re craving chili and you really want a boy. Keep it fun and wait for a scan to confirm or wait for the day of birth to find out. I am too anxious so I want to know as soon as possible therefore it will be a scan for me.
More articles you might like:
SisuSami a Pregnancy related products and services FREE classifieds website. Post and buy items listed here for FREE – No charges for registering and posting your items… Don’t forget to read our blog and follow us on @SisuSami Facebook page. Contact us to submit your own articles.