Choosing a mechanic can be a daunting task, but one every car owner must make and in most cases you will change mechanics several times especially if you don’t follow helpful tips in choosing your mechanic. We hope that in this short write-up, we can share some valuable information on how you can pick the right mechanic for your needs…
- Research various automotive certifications in Zimbabwe: A good auto mechanic should have some sort of certification
- Ask Around for Refferals: People you trust in your circles probably have mechanics. Find out how they feel about their mechanics before you go out on the limb on a complete stranger
- Check Online Reviews: Sites like www.findaservice.co.zw are a great opportunity to see what people are saying about specific mechanics. A mechanic without a digital fooprint might be a little riskier because of the lack on readily available objective reviews from common folk like you and I. Be careful though of inaccurate and unreliable reviews that could be posted by competition to discredit a good mechanic for example.
- Research Online: The internet can provide valuable reasons for a repair job and of course give you a good insight into prices too. Use this information to gauge a mechanic.
- “Stake-out” your mechanic: It’s a good idea to see what type of cehicles your mechanic is servicing on a regular basis to assertain if the mechanic can handle your type of vehicle.
Remember to talk to the mechanic, ask questions and request to see the old parts when they are removed. A trustworthy mechanic is always willing to explain the problem to you and show you the proof. If the mechanic is comfortable working while you watch, you can trust that a decent job is being done. If the mechanic is apprehensive about letting you take a look, you’ll never know if the work is honest or the fee and parts are inflated.
- After you find what you believe to be a quality mechanic, but before you dedicate your car to that person, test out the relationship you will have with him. Take your car in for just an oil change to see how he is going to treat you.
- You can also follow these steps to find a body shop, upholsterer, or other automotive specialist. Take more care in choosing these. Many are just fine, or even very resourceful in helping you get an old car back in service for cheap. But their lines of business may be more suited to unscrupulous operators because much of their work derives from accidents, limiting customers’ time to shop around, to check their practices with small jobs first, or to gather a basis for comparison to other shops or similar procedures. Your mechanic or a friend in a vehicle-related profession may be able to recommend one.
- If a third party such as a warranty provider or insurer is to pay for the repairs, check that they will accept the mechanic. (With a manufacturer’s warranty, the dealer is typically to provide the repairs.)
Thinking outside the box does not make sense anymore because the box does not exist!!! KhuyaMedia just brings you exceptional ideas that yield results. At Khuyamedia, design is simply a rational and logical process initiated to effectively and efficiently solve advertising and marketing problems.